Located on Cem Street in the moda neighbourhood, Notre-Dame de l'Assomption Church was built by the Italian architect Giovanni Barberini in 1865 in the moda section of the Kadıköy district. This area was usually known as the neighbourhood of the Greek and armenian families but then many Italian and french families moved to the area and consequently a roman catholic Church needed to arise. This resulted with the construction of Moda Notre-Dame de l'Assomption Church which is now the biggest church in the district of Kadıköy. It is located in a courtyard and the bell tower on the west is the most spectacular detail of the church. Mass services are held in Turkish and french.