Surp Hıreşdagabet Armenian Orthodox Church
Write a review Review
Surp Hıreşdagabet armenian orthodox church, located near Yanbol Synagogue and Ferruh Kethüda mosque, was first built in the 13th century as a greek orthodox Church known by the name of Ayia Stradi. In 1627, it was given to the armenian community, who renovated the church in 1628 according to the inscription plaque behind the altar. The wooden church was largely damaged during the great fire of balat in 1729 and was torn down in 1831 for the erection of a stone church. The construction of the church was completed in 1835. The current church has preserved its presence till today, in its 1835 form.