Saint Etienne Latin Catholic Church
Write a review Review
The construction of the Saint Etienne Latin Catholic Church began in 1865 and it was officially opened to service on the 19th of April in 1886 by the Friars Minor Capuchin. Located on Cümbüş Street in the Yeşilköy neighbourhood, the Saint Etienne Church was designed by a Catholic Greek architect, Pietro Vitalis. The dome of the church was destroyed due to the earthquake in 1894, and the Austrian masters made a wooden ceiling with the materials that they brought from their home country. The church has a tower with four bells and there are three statues in front of the church that were brought from France.