Located on the biggest of the Princes’ Islands in the Marmara Sea, Hesed Le Avraam Synagogue was built and opened for service in 1904. It is also known as the Büyükada Synagogue. The name of the synagogue is derived from Avraam Aslan Efendi Fresko who donated the land on which the synagogue is built to the Jewish community. The synagogue’s plan was drawn by the famous architect Gabriele Tedoshi. Just like the other synagogues on the Island, the Büyükada Synagogue is open for service only in the summer times when Istanbul’s Jewish families come to spend their summer holiday on the Island.