The summer house was designed in Bauhaus style in 1935 by the architect Seyfi Erkan. Built on the sea, it was L-shaped one-floor mansion consisted of a reception hall, a reading room, bedrooms and bathroom. After the construction completed on August 14, the mansion was presented to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of Turkish Republic, who spent some time here, especially in the summer months, from 1935 until he died in 1938. He used the mansion as a summer office as well as for healing. After his death, the mansion was used as a Presidential summer residence. Turkish presidents such as İsmet İnönü, Celal Bayar, Cemal Gürsel, Cevdet Sunay and Kenan Evren were among them. In 1993, it was renovated and opened to the public as a museum which exhibits furniture, tableware, personal belongings and a collection of Atatürk's photographs taken at the site. Located in the florya neighbourhood of Bakırköy district, florya Atatürk Marine Mansion is far away from Istanbul's complexity, noise and traffic and but together with sea, sandy seaside, waves and seagulls, which makes the museum worth visiting.