Bakırköy Synagogue is located in the Bakırköy district between the E-5 highway and the coast of the Marmara Sea on Cumhuriyet Avenue. With the great efforts of two Jews Mose Pinhas and Mose Behar Hak, the construction of the synagogue was completed in 1914. During the Second World War, the synagogue was used by the Ministry of Defence as a recruiting station. However, when the risk of going to war for Turkey came to an end, the building was delivered to the Jewish community. During the 1960s the synagogue underwent repair works. Due to a decrease in the Jewish community in the area, the Bakırköy Synagogue is today only open for Shabbat services.